• Week 363

    15 December 2019

    This week, I:

    • spent three days wrapping up a lot of Willsneck. That meant pairing on finishing up all the content edits, and working through the designer's snaglist, sanding off many rough edges in my work. Lots of fettling SVG files and learning about some of the esoteric bits of CSS that only apply to SVG. By the end of the week, I'd cleared almost all of my ‘todo’ column, and we're just in to some final bits of QA and layout tweaks.
    • had a long meeting-cum-workshop on Hallin to refine the specification we were agreeing to. No huge surprises here, but it helped a lot to meet the team and go over a lot of things in detail. I've got a clearer understanding of their product and domain model, and we've largely agreed on what's to be done.
    • found a few spare hours to prod at the electronics project I mentioned last week. Let's call it Mayhill. This week, I started work on the computer-based tool that will talk to it. I'm writing it in the browser, with a view to porting it perhaps to Electron later on. By the end of the week, I had a neat flow of information between hardware and browser, over MIDI Sysex, and a reactive UI built in Svelte playing ball with everything. Fun!