• Week 310

    2 December 2018

    Busy week, in and out of the studio.

    On Selworthy, I spent some time wrapping up work on a new ingest format, and then spending time staring into the maw of character encoding – and, in particular, working out what our policy on ‘smart quotes’ is – and coming to the conclusion that rather than doing something automatically, we should offer up an option to end-users as to what they want the default to be. And so there's some more work to wrap up next week on the UI for that.

    I continued with a bunch of work for next week's teaching at Hyper Island – overhauling another talk, refining the brief with our pretend-client, going over what our guests would be doing. It's going to be a bit nip and tuck to get things into place for next week, but it's all going well, so that's a relief.

    As I hoped, the metal panels for 16n arrived – and they're beautiful. Perfect fits, really gorgeous objects, ties the thing together. Good to know all my CAD worked out. Had to order some 1mm longer standoffs to fit the underside screws into, and so come week 311 I'll have a final thing for myself.

    And that was all there was time for: I moved house at the end of the week, which took me out of the studio. Hopefully we'll return to normal service quickly.