• Week 253

    1 November 2017

    Bullety notes for a handful of projects:

    • I wrote a pitch document for Gummershow, as a way of unravelling the problems, presenting them back to the client, and making reasoned estimates. It's given them something to think over, and has helped frame what'll be required to pull it off.
    • I said “yes” to Lowick, and started seeing what getting the ball rolling on that would be like.
    • I ordered some prototypes for Longcrag/Foxfield from Aisler – I needed new protoypes for the latest round of changes, and want to see if Aisler is a viable alternative to OSHpark – they seem about as fast, cost about the same, but are based in Europe which might become an advantage.
    • The Selworthy dev team sat down and chatted about how we'd like to modify our process, and I think we came to some good conclusions. Otherwise, I've been up and down the stack again, looking at issues with modern Javascript compilation that have been arising, adding some new front-end validations to improve users’ quality-of-life, and diving in on some pull requests to stay on top of what's going on.