• Weeks 163-164

    19 January 2016

    Most of my weeknotes for 163-164 have already been published: over at the notebook I'm keeping for Twinklr, I wrote about the beginning of the year on Twinklr. Since the year began, I've pushed the code forward a fair bit, started to get to grips with some of the new materials and techniques I'm using, and getting involved with some of the other elements of the MV Works programme that go alongside our projects. We also had our first crit of our projects; it was great to get feedback from the other members of the cohort, as well as to see what they were up to.

    I spent some time with the team on Selworthy, closing some minor issues, and beginning to implement new branding for the project. The client are beginning to really push taking the product to a wider market, and so I'm helping them along that journey.

    I had a variety of interesting meetings: a debrief and presentation on a short piece of work I did with George at Good, Form & Spectacle just before Christmas, and a discussion with a potential new client around music and visualisation.

    I spent a morning down at the Oubliette Adventure Shop helping fettle a final few technical issues before their launch weekend. The Escape Room is now open, and you can find out more about the game at their website.

    I shipped off another revision of Walton PCBs to OSHpark, and should have v1.10 of that built by the end of January.

    And I think that's about it: I'm really beginning to settle into the groove of 2016, learning how to divide time between a client and the self-initiated funded work, and making sure the latter has the space not only to hit all its targets, but also to breathe a little. Onwards!